If you haven't seen the new Hunger Games: Catching Fire movie, what are you waiting for? I went and saw it on opening night and I have to say that it was much better than the first movie and then there was the addition of Finnick (YUM). Even though I knew what was going to happen having read the book, the movie still created a great sense of suspense and tension for me. I was on the edge of my seat for a few of the scenes :). The whole of the film really played on the tension between the government and the people in the Districts and the idea that revolution could be a real possibility. I don't want to give away any spoilers, but Katniss was so clueless....:)
As far as the cast goes, I thought that Jenna Malone did an excellent job as Johanna Mason and I grew to like Josh Hutcherson more as Peeta in this movie (I was really skeptical of him in the first movie; I didn't really feel like he really embodied Peeta). I loved Jennifer Lawrence and her performance was once again spot on. Woody Harrelson is such a great Haymitch that I wish that his part was much bigger as he always brings a little sass to his scenes. I absolutely love Phillip Seymour Hoffman and I am very excited to see him more in the next movie.
The movie followed the book very closely and it made me really excited for Mockingjay, but who knows how long I will have to wait for that?! On the bright side though, they did run the Divergent trailer in the previews and I think that will tide me over for a bit.
So go and see Catching Fire, it is totally worth it!
Miss Keri
No comments:
Post a Comment