Thursday, February 21, 2013

Are You Pinterested? You Should Be.

If you have not discovered the wonderful world of Pinterest, you do not know what you are missing!  Pinterest is a fabulous social media website where people "pin" (aka save) pictures of craft ideas, recipes, fitness tips, really anything you can imagine, with links to the websites they originated on, to "boards". The boards are the organizational structure of Pinterest; you personalize your boards with subject headings or themes, such as food, crafts, books, etc.  Think of it as putting post-it notes on a bulletin board of great ideas for things you want to do in the future.

Pinterest has revolutionized bookmarking items on the internet. Instead of having a long list of websites or links that you have no idea why you bookmarked in the first place, you can go on Pinterest and look through the pictures of your pins.  For a visual learner like myself, it is fantastic.  I never looked at my bookmarked websites before and now I go to Pinterest all the time for library program ideas and crafts that I pinned.

All you teens who are new to Pinterest, have just started to use it or just plain love it like I do, come to our Pinterest Party here at the library during Teen Tech Week!  But before the party, check out the Franklin Public Library Teens Pinterest at http://pinterest.com/fplteen/. Then go and vote for your favorite craft and snack pins on the Teen Zone website - www.franklinpubliclibrary.org, click on Teen Zone. Finally, on Tuesday, March 12 at 6pm we will have our Pinterest Party and make the crafts and snacks that received the most votes! No registration is needed, but your votes are!  Please go and vote today and I hope to see you at the party on the 12th!

Miss Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment